1. Home

wood floors feng shui In feng shui, floors represent the energy of grounding and stability, as they are part of the feng shui foundation of your home. Along with the visual element of coordinating the color of the wood floors with the other elements of your interior design, it is always recommended to sense which colors and materials make you (and your house) feel most grounded and centered.

Feng shui-wise, a slight distinction would be made between different woods, for example bamboo vs oak, as well as the direction the wood is placed. Read more at the feng shui forum

Photo: (c) Dave Sackville

Comments

June 11, 2012 at 10:10 am
(1) blog post says:

It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

June 12, 2012 at 10:59 am
(2) andrews blog says:

I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am satisfied to express that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much indubitably will make sure to do not omit this site and give it a glance on a constant basis.

June 18, 2012 at 7:30 pm
(3) fengshui says:

Thank you, appreciate your feedback!

March 14, 2013 at 5:47 am
(4) Maree says:

Hi – Does the direction of the floorboards have an effect on the feng shui?
I am looking at putting floorboards into my new home. I have seen people who lay their floorboards parallel to the entry and those who lay them perpendicular to the entry.
I feel the perpendicular version was very offputting, for some reason.
However, if i place them perpendicular to the entry, and they continue that way, it will also mean that the boards will go across the kitchen, which I am not sure about, and also be perpendicular to the viewing deck, which is about 10m wide. Which could also be interesting because I had planned on placing the deck floorboards across the 4 X 10m (40 squared metres)
Thanks

March 25, 2013 at 6:37 pm
(5) fengshui says:

Yes, the direction of the floor boards sure affects (and directs) the flow of feng shui energy.
I might write about it soon, please check the blog in a couple weeks. Cheers,

July 8, 2013 at 4:05 am
(6) C. Cesario says:

Very interested to know what your feedback is on the floor boards topic. What happened to you? My husband and I have put off laying our floors down so we can do it right. Parallel to the entry way from the front door like we are landing a plane walking in the door or should we do it perpendicular to the entry way front door and be stepping on the cracks between each board walking to the living room? Please help! I would like my house done soon. Thanks!

July 16, 2013 at 6:52 pm
(7) fengshui says:

Coming soon – almost here – thank you so much for your patience!
Till then have a look at my Pinterest flooring pics with tips as to what makes them good feng shui – I have complied the Flooring pics folder to go with the article: http://pinterest.com/rodikatchi/floors/
WIll post the link here soon.
Cheers,
Rodika

August 25, 2013 at 4:31 am
(8) Maree says:

Hello again, I asked the above question earlier this year and would still appreciate a point of view. thank you

August 25, 2013 at 4:45 am
(9) Maree says:

Oops, my apologies. I have just found the reply(ies). I love many of the floor pics on pinterest.
I think will go with the plane runway at the entry: although it starts straight, the hallway then bends 22 degrees to the left for a couple of metres, then turns straight again toward the living area. Don’t know if I should change the direction at the end of the hallway, at the start of the living area. If it keeps going straight, the direction of the boards would go out the wide balcony doors onto the deck. hmmm