1. Home

Rodika Tchi

Choose Best Feng Shui Color for Your Front Door

By April 12, 2013

feng shui main door red colors
The front door is very important in feng shui, because it is through this door that the house absorbs its Chi (universal energy) nourishment.

In feng shui the main door is called "the mouth of Chi", and a good feng shui door will attract the highest energy to nourish the house you live in, thus providing you with the most supportive vibrant energy to enjoy your life.

For example, if your main door is facing South, you will need to use the appropriate colors for this feng shui direction to attract harmonious energy. The feng shui element of South bagua area is Fire, and the Fire element colors are red, orange, purple and strong pink.

You can also use Wood element colours - green and brown - for a South facing door, because Wood feeds the Fire in the interplay of five feng shui elements.

It is also wise to strengthen with feng shui color the ... Read more

RELATED:

- Decorating with Feng Shui Colors
- Tips for Using Color in A Good Feng Shui Home
- Feng Shui Use of Color: FREE Video

Photo: David Papazian / Getty Images

Connect with Rodika:

Have questions? Ask Rodika or go to the Q & A Feng Shui Forum.

Looking for Specific Feng Shui Tips? Type Your Query in Our SEARCH BOX!
The Search Box is located in the upper right corner of your computer screen. You can type any words related to your questions, such as "feng shui colour tips" or "how do I feng shui my bedroom?" etc.

Comments

February 22, 2009 at 3:56 am
(1) Katelynn says:

I need some help. I’ve purchased a new entry door and cannot decide on a color to paint. Our door is facing East. The Entry door is in the center of the house, so is it good idea to paint it black? We would love to paint it green, but will not go with our design. Please help.

June 3, 2009 at 7:03 pm
(2) florence says:

hi just reached your site its very interesting .i love the colours schemes but been quite honest i would.nt know where to begin .i never seem to have the house fully tidy . and have no money to do so or for doing up the house properly im a seperated moter with 3 kids under 7 . iv leeking taps and all i suppose to attact money in in order to make a start somehoe wold be great and change any negitive chi please could you have any suggestions florence

June 8, 2009 at 3:00 pm
(3) fengshui says:

Hi Katelynn:

Yes, black should work, as it is a Water feng shui element color, good for East.
Here is more info on elements and colors:

Hi Florence:

Clutter clearing will always be the first recommended step; it will give you more energy and create a better foundation for all your future endeavours.

Please exlore the clutter clearing resources here:

Kindly,

Rodika

January 9, 2010 at 6:08 pm
(4) Jessie says:

I’m trying to sell my house with North(back) south(entrance) orientation,main stairs is facing main entrance door but it turns away with a landing and three steps toward west . is this ok as/Feng Shui

January 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm
(5) fengshui says:

Please post your question at the feng shui forum, here is the direct link:

Thank you!

PS. And here are feng shui tips for real estate

February 14, 2010 at 10:46 pm
(6) Tan Yew Kwee says:

Hi, my new apartment is having back door directly facing the front door, may I know how to turn the chi to the left side of the living room, to direct the chi, from front door to the living room, and to the rest of the bed rooms, instead of having the chi to flow directly out to the back door? the bed rooms are on the left hand side of the living room. My front door is in the SE direction and back door is NE direction.

February 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm
(7) fengshui says:

Please ask your question at the feng shui forum, here is the direct link:
Thank you!

April 1, 2011 at 2:58 pm
(8) shital says:

What is the best front door color for a west facing door?
Please help….

April 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm
(9) fengshui says:

The feng shui element of the West direction is Metal, so any Earth or Metal feng shui element colors are excellent for a West facing front door.

Here is info on colors and feng shui elements for different directions:

Cheers,
Rodika

May 5, 2011 at 10:23 am
(10) leizel macarayan says:

hi i need some help about my front door facing north west there is a small foyer and have a 3 steps stairway not directly facing the door, and back of my fence have a small hill in front of the door. could you pls.help me to attract good chi in my house. thank very much…leizel..

May 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm
(11) fengshui says:
July 21, 2011 at 10:27 pm
(12) Lynn says:

Our front door is facing west in the career bagua and the seating position is the livingroom (creatity and children) is facing east looking toward a fireplace that is not used.

The back door (kitchen) is facing east in the wealth and prosperity bagua. The seating in this area is facing south.

What colors should we paint our doors?

July 22, 2011 at 8:03 pm
(13) fengshui says:

Please post your question at the feng shui forum:

Thank you!
Rodika

October 26, 2011 at 1:08 pm
(14) angie says:

Our Layout:

We have a small bungalow, our front door is in the south east (wood/prosperity) section of our home (facing east) and we have painted it green (as per feng shui specialist’s instructions long ago).

Our side door is facing south and is located right in the middle of our “fire/fame & repution”. However, it has the stairs which lead from the main floor to our basement thus leading right out the side door then the stairs turn left and continue to basement.

Question: What colour should we paint our side door? We’re unsure if a red door would be beneficial as stairs face the door directly (when you open side door, there is a small landing and then a few 4-5 steps going up and 4-5 steps on your right side leading down). Any advice would be most welcome, thank you :)

November 1, 2011 at 4:25 pm
(15) fengshui says:

Please post your question at the feng shui forum, we will answer it there:

Thank you!

Rodika

October 26, 2011 at 8:09 pm
(16) Josephine Cavanagh says:

My front door faces north. its painted red with a black frame around it. Is this good?

November 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm
(17) fengshui says:

Please post your question at the feng shui forum, we will answer it there:

Thank you!

Rodika

April 3, 2012 at 1:59 am
(18) reorient says:

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I hope you write once more very soon!

June 4, 2012 at 4:07 pm
(19) Ann Bartholomew says:

Hi Rodika,

Like Katelynn, the front door on my new house faces East, and is in the area (Western Bagua) of Career, and that color is Black. Should I paint my front door green for East, or Black for Career?

August 17, 2012 at 11:11 am
(20) fengshui says:

Hi Ann:

Both green (wood element) and black (water element) colours are good for an East facing door.

If you are working with the BTB feng shui school bagua and want to strengthen career energy, you might want to choose either black or deep blue.

Cheers,
Rodika

August 17, 2012 at 11:15 am
(21) fengshui says:

Reorient:

Thank you for feedback, much appreciate it!

Rodika

January 16, 2013 at 5:39 pm
(22) Artist says:

Colors are so important.. I have no doubt anymore that colors have their own energy. Recently I found out that my synesthesia paintings emanate energy. Because of synesthesia I see colors when I hear names and words. Since years I paint what I see, I paint names and inspirational words. Recently people were telling me that they feel an energy flow coming from my paintings. They even recognize themselves in the paintings. This is so fascinating.

February 4, 2013 at 1:51 pm
(23) fengshui says:

Sounds beautiful and fascinating, too! Thank you for sharing.

Your web link did not show in your comment, it showed only on my side; let me add it for people to check your site: http://www.wordsintocolor.com/

Kindly,
Rodika

April 17, 2013 at 12:38 am
(24) bolingbrook house cleaning says:

What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads.
I hope to give a contribution & help different users like its aided me.
Great job.

June 28, 2013 at 2:29 pm
(25) naila says:

i need help in construction of my house i have following questions
1. plot is facing north colour of elevation and front door and main gate too?
2. colours of doors

June 29, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(26) fengshui says:

This info should help:

If you have more questions, please post them at the feng shui Q & A forum: http://fengshui.about.com/forum

Cheers,
Rodika

July 8, 2013 at 9:29 am
(27) www.redbrick.dcu.ie says:

I am not certain the place you’re getting your info, however good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or working out more. Thank you for excellent info I used to be searching for this info for my mission.

July 16, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(28) fengshui says:

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I’m getting al the info from my head & my heart :)

And, of course, years of training and consulting.

Cheers,
Rodika

July 31, 2013 at 1:01 pm
(29) Ann Marie says:

My house is facing South, The entry door is facing West.

Which is the best color for the door to invite prosperity?

November 1, 2013 at 5:07 am
(30) Graciela says:

My front door is facing North East and should have a sand color like terra cotta. What about the storm door that is over my front door? Please let me know. Thanks Graciela

February 18, 2014 at 5:05 pm
(31) Rosalie Ycong says:

Hi. I want to ask help..i build a house and up to now i dont know what kind of wood and color im going to use for the main door…is narra tree good for main door? And what color is good when my main door facing SE?