Feng Shui Tips by Room
By Rodika Tchi, About.com Guide
- Front Door & The Main Entrance
- Living Rooms and Family Rooms
- Main Bedroom & Guest Bedrooms
- Your Kitchen
- Your Bathrooms
- Children's Rooms
- Baby Room / Nursery
- Your Home Office
- The Dining Room
- Garage, Laundry, Storage & Basement
- Small Apartments and Dorm Rooms
Front Door & The Main Entrance
The front door of a house is called "the mouth of Chi" in feng shui, as this is how your house absorbs essential Chi, or energy. When a house has enough good Chi coming in and the flow of Chi is harmonious, the people living in the house experience heightened levels of well-being. Learn to take good care of the feng shui of your front door and help your home absorb best energy nourishment.
- Create a Strong Feng Shui Front Door
- Best Colors for Your Front Door
- How To Define Your Main Door
- Front Door Protection Cures
- Staircase Facing the Front Door Tips
- Mirror at Front Door: Bad Feng Shui
- Feng Shui of the Main Entry Rug
- Front Door-Back Door Alignment Tips
- Feng Shui of Your House Numbers
Living Rooms and Family Rooms
Know how to create good energy in the busiest areas of your home - the living room and the family room. Check the bagua area(s) of your living room and family room and decorate them accordingly by using the right feng shui element colors. Go even further and find out the feng shui birth elements and kua numbers of your family members and create harmony for all!
- Living Room Feng Shui Decor
- Easy Feng Shui Tips for Your Home
- How To Create a Happy Home
- Good Feng Shui in 7 Simple Steps
- How To Use Color for Good Feng Shui
- Living Room Aquarium and Fireplace
- Calculate Your Family Kua Numbers
- Use Your Lucky Feng Shui Directions
- Two Bagua Areas Living Room Decor
- Feng Shui of Window Treatments
- Cat's Litter Box in Your Living Room?
Main Bedroom & Guest Bedrooms
Find out everything about the feng shui of your bedroom - from what makes a good feng shui bed to mistakes to avoid in your bedroom. From choosing the best colors for your bedroom to dealing with all your bedroom challenges in the most practical feng shui way. Your bedroom is the most important room in your house - treat it wisely.
- Create A Good Feng Shui Bedroom
- Bedroom for Love and Sex Tips
- Feng Shui Health Trinity & Bedroom
- What Not to Do in Your Bedroom
- Feng Shui Guidelines for Your Bed
- A Bed in Unlucky Feng Shui Direction
- Position Your Bed for Good Feng Shui
- Solutions for ALL Bedroom Challenges
- Feng Shui of Your Bedroom Art
- Tips for a North Facing Bedroom
- Bathroom Over the Master Bedroom
- Bedroom Across from the Toilet
- Fiery Colors in Your Bedroom
- Religious Symbols in the Bedroom
- A Bedroom To Ruin Your Love Life?
- Before You Buy A New Bed
The kitchen was always considered the heart of a home. In feng shui, the energy in the kitchen is also connected to the energy of wealth and abundance. Explore solutions for many feng shui kitchen challenges - from a very small kitchen to a kitchen located in an undesired feng shui area of the Bagua. Find out the feng shui meaning of an oven mouth, choose best colors for your kitchen and do not forget to watch our short video tip on creating good feng shui in your kitchen.
- Kitchen Feng Shui Tips FREE Video
- Herb Garden Tips for Your Kitchen
- Create a Good Feng Shui Kitchen
- Kitchen & Feng Shui Health Trinity
- Feng Shui for a Soulful Kitchen
- Colors and Shapes of Your Plates
- Your Stove and Oven Mouth Direction
- Feng Shui Tips for A Small Kitchen
Bathrooms have a bad reputation in feng shui. However, this does not mean you can’t create good energy in your bathroom. All you need is some good feng shui tips and a bit of effort. Find easy solutions for various feng shui bathrooms challenges, such as a bathroom in the feng shui money area or a bathroom over the bedroom. Watch our short video for some simple tips and forget about bad bathroom feng shui!
- Easy Tips for ALL Bathroom Dilemmas
- Feng Shui Bathroom Tips FREE Video
- A Feng Shui Spa in Your Bathroom
- Bathroom in the Center of A Home
- Wealth Area and Bathroom Location
- A Bathroom in the Love Area?
- Bathroom Over the Main Door
- Master Bedroom Below the Bathroom
- Your Bathroom & Feng Shui Health
- Bathroom in a Metal Feng Shui Area
- A Mirror on the Bathroom Door?
A good flow of feng shui energy in the space will inevitably lead to a happier, healthier child, while a room with a poor energy flow will contribute to a child who can't sleep well, is cranky, and tends to get sick often. Use feng shui to create a healthy and happy space for your children.
- Feng Shui for Children's Spaces: Create Joy, not Chaos
- Children, Feng Shui and Clutter
- Feng Shui of Children's Art
- Feng Shui Tips for Better Study
- Children Can Help Clear Clutter with Feng Shui
Baby Room / Nursery
Treat your newborn's senses with respect by learning how to create a good energy nursery, or baby room. From colors to scents, from how to choose the best room for a nursery to dealing with the most common challenges of having a new member in your family - use feng shui to make the best of it!
- New Baby in the Home: Feng Shui Case Study with Tips
- Create a Healthy Nursery with Feng Shui
- Have a Baby on the Way? Feng Shui the Baby's Room
- Use Pure Essential Oils in Your Nursery
Your Home Office
Work from home in style and with good energy! Use feng shui to become more productive, feel creative and really enjoy your wok. From good feng shui home office tips to best feng shui air purifying plants; from your personal best colors to achieving success the easy way – it is all here for you.
- How To Feng Shui Your Home Office
- How To Keep Productivity Levels High
- Feng Shui for Artists & Clutter
- Walls and Blockages in Your Office
- Feng Shui Office Case Study
- Use Color for Good Feng Shui
- Children's Art in Your Home Office
- A Small Office with No Windows
- Top 10 Purifying Plants for Office
- Shared Office Feng Shui Tips
The Dining Room
Explore the feng shui basics for your dining room to help you enjoy your dinners and use the dining room more often. Choose best feng shui colors according to the Bagua area, find out the recommended guidelines for your dining table and let feng shui help you create good times with your family and friends. With good food, of course!
Garage, Laundry, Storage & Basement
Feng Shui for the most neglected areas of your home - your garage and your storage spaces. You might prefer to think that the garage is not part of your home bagua, but it is. You might also prefer to think that closets are not important in feng shui, but they are. Both garages and storage spaces contribute to the overall feng shui of your space, be sure it is a good contribution.
- Clean Closet, Clean Mind: Clear Closet Clutter with Feng Shui
- How Can I Create Good Feng Shui In My Garage?
- Is Master Bedroom Over the Garage Bad Feng Shui?
- How To Create Good Feng Shui in Your Basement
- Feng Shui Tips for Your Laundry Room
Small Apartments and Dorm Rooms
Applying feng shui in a small apartment or studio can be a challenge, as often there is little or no separation between your living, working and sleeping space. Even though feng shui of a small apartment or studio can be a challenging and sometimes frustrating experience, be sure you can have good feng shui and good energy in a small space. You will also learn some invaluable skills, like the skill of surrounding yourself only with items that really matter, items that are really loved and needed. Quite a liberating experience, wouldn't you agree?