Feng shui decorating does not necessarily mean creating a Zen-type home; what feng shui decorating means is that you create an environment that has the best energy to support the specific activity, or activities intended for that space.
A home office needs an active, vibrant energy of success, while a bedroom will need a soft, sensual energy. You can achieve the desired energies by following basic feng shui principles in your decorating efforts.
Feng shui can be used in decorating your house with the goal of creating a loving, supportive, fun and happy home. Decorating tips used in feng shui are slightly different than the traditional decorating, but once you start using feng shui, a harmoniously decorated home is yours to enjoy!
Your first step in decorating your home with feng shui starts before the actual decorating process.
The first feng shui requirement is to clear the old energy residues and create a strong and clear energy foundation. What does that mean on a practical level?
- It means you have to clear your clutter. Decorating a cluttered home makes no sense, from the feng shui point of view. Kind of like applying expensive make-up to an unwashed face. Why would you do that?
And the step is:
- Be sure you have good quality air and good quality light. These two elements are essential for good Chi, or good feng shui energy in your home.
- Feng shui decorating step number one is to define the bagua, or the energy map of your home. The bagua of your home will serve as a blueprint, or a clear map as to what colors are used in specific rooms, what images are best in your home, how to position the furniture for best energy flow, etc.
- Feng shui decorating step number two is to know how to use color for good feng shui. Is blue good feng shui for bedroom? Is red OK in the main entry?
- Feng shui decorating step number three is to define good feng shui products that your home needs. You might have many of them already, or you might need a beautiful fountain and some great feng shui art, plus a Buddha image in your home office to go with your decor scheme.
- Feng shui decorating step number four is to know how to position your decor items as powerful feng shui cures. You brought your fountain and you brought your crystals, now where and how do you position them for best feng shui in your home?
When decorating your home with feng shui, it is important to focus on the big picture (your whole house or apartment), as well as "zoom in" into each specific area of your home in order to create best feng shui energy in all your rooms.
Below are some feng shui tips to help you out:
BEDROOM: How To Create A Good Feng Shui Bedroom. Good feng shui in your home cannot exist without good feng shui in your bedroom. As simple as that. Find out the basics of a good feng shui bedroom in this short FREE video tip.
BATHROOM: Good Feng Shui Bathroom Tips. Yes, bathrooms are considered challenging in feng shui. This does not mean, though, that you cannot have a beautiful bathroom with great feng shui.
KITCHEN: Feng Shui for Kitchen. Your kitchen is the heart of your home and is directly connected to the flow of abundance in your life.
HOME OFFICE: Feng Shui for Home Office. If you work from home, a good feng shui energy in your home office is a must.
NURSERY: Feng Shui for Baby's Room. Take care of the health of your little one with basic feng shui nursery tips.
Want more tips? Check the Feng Shui Decorating Tips by Room
Have specific feng shui decorating questions about your home? Post your questions at the feng shui discussion forum!