Yes, ideally your bed should not be aligned with any doors - be they bedroom doors, bathroom doors or closet doors.
First, be sure to apply the feng shui tips for a bed facing the door, or, more precisely, a bed in line with the bedroom door. After you have applied these feng shui tips to the best of your abilities, focus on neutralizing the potential negative energy in the bathroom.
Basically, you want to create an invisible (or visible!) division between the bathroom and the bedroom, and here are a couple ways you can do that with good feng shui in mind:
- Keep the bedroom, as well as the bathroom doors closed most of the time. This is a basic, common sense advice that is often forgotten.
- Find a way to strengthen the bedroom door and weaken the bathroom door. You can do that with color, for example, or find you own creative way to clearly indicate which door of the two is more important and needs to attract more energy.
- If you decide to hang a mirror on the bathroom door (a popular feng shui cure for bathroom doors), be sure to choose a small mirror. It is not best feng shui to face a big mirror as soon as you leave the bedroom.
- Take good care of your bathroom and keep its energy fresh, i.e. use candles, essential oil diffusers or mists, bring art to create a sense of beauty.
- You can also choose to "ground" the energy near the toilet, which can be done in many ways. For example, you can choose to go with a big bowl containing river rocks or crystals, and place it on a small shelf above the toilet, or install a bigger bathroom shelf unit on the wall above the toilet and have it filled with spa-related items.