The feng shui element of the Northwest area is Metal, so the cures you will bring have to be either of the Metal element, or the element that nourishes it (Earth feng shui element nourishes Metal).
The life area connected to the Northwest bagua area of your home is called Helpful People & Blessings, so it is recommended to always reflect, at least in some of your Northwest feng shui cures, the energy to help attract beneficial people in your life.
It is equally important to express your gratitude for all the helpful/beneficial energy in your life, and the Northwest feng shui bagua area is the ideal area to express your gratitude.
Here is what is appropriate in the missing Northwest bagua area in order to activate and expand it:
- Art with a strong metal element energy. ( see examples of metal element art).
- Art expressing the energy of gratitude. Focus on finding images that genuinely express your gratitude for all the blessings in your life. Be mindful about the colors in your chosen art as feng shui cure and avoid strong fire or water element colors in the Northwest bagua area.
- Earth element art (see examples of earth element art). Best art for the feng shui purpose of curing a missing bagua area is art that has some depth, or perspective to it, so that a visual pathway is created in the blocking wall of the weak area.
- Travel images or photos of your benefactors. Northwest feng shui area also supports the energy of travel, so if your dreams are connected to more travel, be sure to express that energy in the Northwest feng shui bagua area. Photos of people who have helped you grow in life are also beneficial here.
- Tall lights are considered a good feng shui cure to expand a missing bagua area. You can go for any size in your lighting fixtures when using them as a feng shui cure for the missing area. However, a tall lamp is considered ideal for this purpose. Be sure that the size, look and overall design of your light fixture works well with the design of your room and fits harmoniously with your surroundings.
- Metal or earth element items such as tall sculptures, decor items in metal colors (white, gray) and shapes. Be mindful about using the shape of the metal or earth elements to further strengthen the area; avoid fire and water shapes in your feng shui Northwest area cures.
- You might also choose to paint the walls of the missing Northwest area in any of the metal or earth colors. However, be mindful to also create an opening, or some perspective in the wall of the missing/incomplete bagua area. In case of the missing West, this will be done the easiest way with appropriate for the area art with some depth in it.
<= Back to Feng Shui Guide to Bagua Missing Areas: Tips, Cures and Easy Solutions