The feng shui element of South is Fire, so the cures you will bring have to be either of the Fire element, or the element that nourishes it (Wood feng shui element nourishes Fire.)
The life area connected to the South bagua area of your home is called Fame & Reputation, or, in a more exact translation, The Light Within. It is recommended to always express, at least in some of your South feng shui cures, the essence of your light, so to speak. In other words, what do you want to be known for, what is the light you bring into this world? What is the essence of your "fame and reputation"?
Here is what is appropriate in the missing South bagua area in order to activate and expand it:
- Art with Fire element energy. (see examples of fire element art.)
- Art or images expressing the desired fame or reputation. Focus on finding art that really speaks to your heart about what you want to be known for. Be mindful about the colors in your chosen art, photos or images as feng shui cures and avoid strong water element colors in the South bagua area.
- Tall lights are considered a good feng shui cure to expand a missing bagua area. You can go for any size in your lighting fixtures when using them as a feng shui cure for the missing area. However, a tall lamp is considered ideal for this purpose. Be sure that the size, look and overall design of your light fixture works well with the design of your room and fits harmoniously with your surroundings.
- Wood element art (see examples of wood element art.) Best art for the feng shui purpose of curing a missing bagua area is art that has some depth, or perspective to it, so that a visual pathway is created in the blocking wall of the weak area.
- Fire and Wood elements objects such as red candles, for example, or decor items in wood element colors (green, brown) or fire colors (red, purple, pink, orange, and strong yellow.) Be mindful about using the right element shapes to further strengthen the area.
- You might also choose to paint the walls of the missing South area in any of the nourishing feng shui element colors.
- A fireplace is excellent in the South, as it is does create an opening, or some depth in the wall of the missing/incomplete South bagua area.
<= Back to Feng Shui Guide to Bagua Missing Areas: Tips, Cures and Easy Solutions