The feng shui element of the Southwest area is Earth, so the cures you will bring have to be either of the Earth element, or the element that nourishes it (Fire feng shui element nourishes Earth).
The life area connected to the Southwest bagua area of your home is called love relationships & marriage. It is recommended to always express, at least in some of your Southwest feng shui cures, the energy desired in your ideal love relationship (if you are looking for love) or the energy that will nourish your present love relationship or marriage.
Here is what is appropriate in the missing Southwest bagua area in order to activate and expand it:
- Art with a strong earth element energy. (see some examples of earth element art).
- Art expressing the energy of love. Focus on finding art that really speaks about true and nourishing love. Be mindful about the colors in your chosen art as feng shui cure and avoid strong water, metal or wood element colors in the Southwest bagua area.
- Fire element art (see examples of fire element art). Best art for the feng shui purpose of curing a missing bagua area is art that has some depth, or perspective to it, so that a visual pathway is created in the blocking wall of the weak area.
- Tall lights are considered a good feng shui cure to expand a missing bagua area. You can go for any size in your lighting fixtures when using them as a feng shui cure for the missing area. However, a tall lamp is considered ideal for this purpose. Be sure that the size, look and overall design of your light fixture works well with the design of your room and fits harmoniously with your surroundings.
- Fire or earth element items in two such as tall candles, decor items in fire colors (red, orange, purple) and shapes. Be mindful about using the shape of the earth element (square) to further strengthen the area; avoid metal, water and wood shapes in your feng shui Southwest area cures.
- You might also choose to paint the walls of the missing Southwest area in any of the earth or fire colors. However, be mindful to also create an opening, or some perspective in the wall of the missing/incomplete bagua area. In case of the missing Southwest, this will be done the easiest way with appropriate for the area art with some depth in it.
<= Back to Feng Shui Guide to Bagua Missing Areas: Tips, Cures and Easy Solutions