Each color is an expression of one of the five feng shui elements: Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood. These elements are used in specific areas according to the feng shui energy map of your space, or Bagua.
This feng shui colour guide will help you choose best colours to create a harmonious feng shui home. Choose the feng shui colors according to the energy you need and bring them into your space with wall color, art, photography, or various decor items.
Watch Feng Shui Color Tips FREE Video (2 min)
FIRE ELEMENT - PASSION AND HIGH ENERGY
A balanced fire feng shui element in your home or office will bring supporting energy to all your career efforts and will help achieve recognition. Fire element also nourishes one's sexual energy and inner warmth.
- Fire is the dominant feng shui element of South bagua area of your home or office.
- Northeast and Southwest feng shui areas also benefit from good fire element energy.
- Fire feng shui element colours are:
EARTH ELEMENT - NOURISHMENT AND STABILITY
A strong and harmonious feng shui earth element in your home or office will help create stability, nourishment and calm protection for all your relationships. The earth element is also needed to maintain one's health and inner balance.
- Earth is the main feng shui element of Northeast and Southwest bagua areas.
- The Center of your home and office is also governed by the earth feng shui element.
- Feng shui earth element colors are:
- Light Yellow
- Beige/Skin Color
- Earthy/Sandy Colors
METAL ELEMENT - CLARITY AND PRECISENESS
Feng shui metal element brings the qualities of sharpness, precision and efficiency; its balanced presence will help you live with clarity and lightness. A good presence of metal element in your home or office will help sustain the energy of calm, crisp clarity and eliminate distractions.
- Metal is the dominant feng shui element of West and Northwest bagua areas.
- North bagua area of your home or office also benefits from the presence of metal element.
- Feng shui metal element colors are:
WATER ELEMENT - EASE AND ABUNDANCE
A harmonious feng shui water element will bring a refreshing energy of calm, ease, purity and freshness. Water element is also the ancient symbol of abundance, thus a potent feng shui cure for wealth. (Read about the use of fountains and mirrors as wealth feng shui cures.)
- Water is the feng shui element of North bagua area of your home or office.
- East and Southeast bagua areas also benefit from a strong Water element.
- Feng shui water element colors are:
WOOD ELEMENT - GROWTH AND VITALITY
Lush and healing, the feng shui wood element brings the energy of vibrant health, vitality and growth. Wood element is also an expression of abundance, thus it is used as a feng shui cure for wealth and prosperity. (Read about the feng shui use of plants and the feng shui of money tree.)
- Wood is the main feng shui element of East and Southeast bagua areas of your home or office.
- South bagua area also benefits from a strong presence of wood element.
- Feng shui wood element colors are:
So, there you have it, the basic feng shui color guide to help you create a happy and healthy home. Color is like music, nourishing and uplifting, and the more colors you harmoniously absorb throughout the day, the higher your sense of well-being. Do not be afraid to bring vibrant colors into your space as color is light, and light is our number one nutrient.
Nurture yourself - and your loved ones - very well.
Do you have a feng shui question? Ask your question at the feng shui forum!
Follow Feng Shui on: Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter | Forum | Feng Shui Blog
FENG SHUI CRYSTALS AND STONES INFO: | Amethyst | Ammonite | Agate | Black Obsidian | Black Onyx | Carnelian | Clear Quartz | Citrine | Hematite | Jade | Jasper | Kyanite | Lapis Lazuli | Malachite | Moonstone | Pearls | Pyrite | Rose Quartz | Smoky Quartz | Tigers Eye | Turquoise |
FENG SHUI COLOR GALLERIES AND TIPS: | Red | Yellow and Gold | White | Black | Green | Blue | Gray |Orange | Pink | Purple | Brown |