Feng shui wisdom places a big importance on the center of your place, also called the Heart of the Home. It is a sacred feng shui energy spot from where all the other energies (called bagua areas) of your home originate.
Keeping the center of your home clean, open and clutter-free is a must for a healthy and harmonious home.
In feng shui terms, each area of your house is connected to a specific area of your life. For example, East feng shui area of your home is "responsible" for the energy of health and family, while Southwest area is connected to the energy of love relationships and marriage.
In order to successfully apply feng shui in your home, it is always helpful to know your home bagua. The Bagua, or feng shui energy map of your home, is used to access the relationship between the physical space and the lives of people who live in that space.
Ideally, you would start applying feng shui cures only after clearing your clutter. Living in a clutter-free home will bring amazing clarity and heightened energy levels into your life. A home free of clutter will also be able to really benefit from your feng shui decorating efforts and nourish the good feng shui energy.
Here are some basic feng shui tips for a harmonious home:
- Have many happy images of your family throughout the house, especially in the living room/family room, kitchen and dining, as well as the East feng shui area of your home.
- Apply feng shui in your bedroom, as well as the bedrooms of your children.
- Balance the energy in your home according to the five feng shui elements by bringing the most harmonious colors.
- Be mindful about the EMF levels in your home; choose to create a healthy home.
- Use feng shui energy purifiers, such as essential oils, crystals and candles to bring harmony, calm and balance into your space.