- Traditional, or Classical Feng Shui Schools
- Black Sect Tantric Buddhism School (BTB)
- Intuitive/Modern School of Feng Shui.
1. The traditional, or classical feng shui schools wisdom is based on the Form, or Landscape school, as well as the Compass school.
The Form, or Landscape feng shui school examines the shapes and symbolism in one's environment without referring to the compass directions.
The Compass feng shui schools utilize the feng shui compass, the Lo Shu square, various feng shui calculations and, of course, the bagua. Schools such as the Flying Star (Xuan Kong), the Eight Mansions (Ba Zhi), and others are included in the category of compass schools.
2. The Black Hat Sect Tantric Buddhist Feng Shui (BTB) was developed in the US in mid-eighties by the Chinese Grandmaster Thomas Lin Yun. This feng shui school is a combination of Tibetan Buddhism, Taoism and Classical Feng Shui.
- About the BTB School of Feng Shui
- How To Apply the BTB Bagua
- Which Bagua is Better: BTB or Classical?
3. Intuitive/Modern Feng Shui is the Western adaptation of some levels of Traditional Feng Shui. Instead of Chinese culturally-specific symbols, cures more appropriate to Western lifestyle and taste are being used. This category includes such schools as the Western School of Feng Shui, the Pyramid School, and others.
Most of what the public reads or hears about feng shui comes from a combination of schools. If you are planning to have a feng shui analysis of your home, do ask the feng shui consultant about his or her training and see if it meets your expectations.
More often than not, a good feng shui consultant will know how to apply the knowledge from several feng shui schools, thus helping you create a harmonious home or office.
Do you have a feng shui-related question? Ask your question at the feng shui forum!
Follow Feng Shui on: Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter | Forum | Feng Shui Blog