Lucky for my client, she knows how important feng shui for family harmony is, so before the new floor plans were accepted we had a feng shui remodeling consultation and looked over all the details, options and possibilities for the new house.
It is one thing to move into a new house where you cannot make too many changes, especially if you are renting. However, if you are in a position to plan the remodeling of your house, you have to be aware that the remodeling process can completely change the energy flow, so you have to make it work for balance and good health in your family.
We took time to make the best decisions for the growing family needs and create the optimum space for a harmonious and healthy energy flow in the new house.
We were also wise to avoid several big feng shui remodeling mistakes that could have created challenging family dynamics in the future.
Were there many disastrous mistakes, from a feng shui point of view, in the proposed floor plan? To be honest, yes. I have yet to see a remodeling plan that adds more harmony to the existing energy flow; more often than not the home renovations create imbalance and a chaotic disturbance to the energy of the house, as well as the interaction between family members.
For better feng shui, here's what we changed in the house remodeling plan:
- Created similar size children's bedrooms versus having one child enjoy a big room and the other having to do with a small room (as it was in the initial remodeling floor plan).
- Took into consideration the potentially high EMF levels when making major decisions about the bedroom location.
- Changed the location of the back door in order to avoid the front door aligned with the back door.
- Decided on a bigger front door. Since the house is doubling in size, you need double the Chi, or feng shui energy, for its proper nourishment.
- Brought more natural light whenever possible (added skylights, better positioning of the windows, etc.)
- Relocated one bedroom to avoid the bad feng shui of a bedroom over the kitchen scenario.
- Eliminated the bad feng shui of the beams over the bed.
Study feng shui not because it is trendy, but because it gives you powerful tools to achieve the results you want. After all, there is a reason why feng shui has been around for thousands of years and is rapidly increasing in popularity with celebrities, politicians and successful businessmen alike.
You deserve the best, so just allow yourself to go for it.
If you have a question about feng shui, please ask your question at the feng shui forum.