why cant i get started clearing clutter
- I do try, i try to get things done, but find it very hard.
- —Guest victoria Daniels
- All the publicity on hoarders made me take a 2nd look at my home, which is famous for being filled with 'stuff'. While it is reasonably organized, there is alot of it that has no redeeming qualities what-so-ever. I began to wonder if I had a latent 'hoarder' gene that was manifesting itself as I aged? Depressing, but I have 50 years of mementos collected around the house, in the closets, every available surface, etc. It was such an overwhelming task, how do I start? Feng Shui principles gave me the answer. I just picked an area of my life that I wanted to improve, in this case my relationship with my teenage daughter - (Tammy I feel you!). I read up on what areas of my home affect relationships, what elements enhanced that energy and what diminished it, then went to work correcting that area. The results were immediate and quickly spilled over into other areas. It is SO liberating, the enhanced positive energy is refreshing and I don't miss even one thing I got rid of. This works
- —Guest Kathy
- A lady from work stopped by to pick up something. When she came in my house, she seemed surprised and said "Is you house always this nice or are you just cleaning?" I think without realizing she was commenting on the revised energy of the house which I have worked on for a year and a half.
- —Guest metal tger
Children's Toys, Picutes & Memory Items
- I have boxes and storage tubs full of my children's "childhood", trains, art projects, notes to mom, etc. etc. etc. I really feel the drag of energy these items create in my home but I don't know if I should get rid of them because my childrend don't have their own places for these things yet. I don't want to toss them in the trash because it seems to harsh, yet I want to let it go. What is the best way to store the items, do I purge and just keep the most important or just chuck it all. I really want to get moving, yet when I start it just gets moved from on side of the room to the other? I look forward to being an empty nester, yet the kids childhoods were left behind at my home. I need a win-win here. What would you suggest.
- —Guest monique
5 a Day
- A friend shared a book with me about clearing clutter with Feng Shui. I have long admired the "feel" inside her home and decided to give it a try. I have lived in my home for 17 years and the accumulation of "stuff" is astounding to me. When I started to clear my things out I decided to blog about it (gypsytour.blogspot.com). I vowed to get rid of 5 things a day for a year. Making the commitment to the blog has really helped me to stick to it. One week down, 35 things gone. Two weeks down, 70 things gone, etc. To have the items enumerated is encouraging. Now, with well over 100 items gone I'm starting to feel different. I feel lighter, I'm back on my diet, the energy flow in my house is definitely changing. Biting off the process into something this manageable has made it easy enough for me to stick to without being overwhelmed. And I have a nice record of items donated for tax time. Best of luck to all!
CLUTTER CLEARING HELPED
- I have read this small book clearing clutter with feng shui it took almost 2 years. helped me with a lot of emotional issues. now from ill depressed and mobility problems I have a much much better life. clear mind, better health and confidence. No way I was gonna let some bloody clutter make me suffer from bad health. now i have a much better well-being. mind, body, soul and I will keep going and nurture my self now I am looking for my core self core values.
- —Guest PINKY
- Clearing clutter is so cool! It looks hard and boring in the beginning, but when you see results of your hard work, it becomes source of joy. It works like magic, brings peace and nice things in your life.
- —Guest Argentina
Spring wreath helps front entrance
- There was a wreath composed of twigs which I brought to a wonderful man who has a small greenhouse. He overlayed the wreath with artificial forsythia springing out in a lovely way. I am thrilled with this wreath decorating my front door, and think that it shall motivate me to keep rolling along with clearing out and cleaning. Ellie
- —Guest Ellie
Follow The Bagua
- I have clean my kitchen time and time again with no response from my fiance, but I didn't start using the Feng Shui technique until a couple of months ago, and man did his attitude change toward me, but for the better! My relationship area is located in my kitchen according to the Bagua for my home, so I started with that and cleared the clutter, thoroughly cleaned, and added in the Feng Shui tips and added just a few new things for decoration, and voila, my fiance sees me in a whole new romantic way. Now I just have to get the rest of my house done!
- —Guest Ching
clutter free - lift up
- everytime i feel tired or bored..i used to clean my room, changed beddings and throw some old things.. then get shower...immediately lift me up ... like a magic
- —Guest lynn
started Beliving Feng shui
- Have started clearing Clutter and im getting more clearer vision ..... have purchased some fenghui cures as well.. im sure they will spread positive energies across ..... :)
Since My Last Post
- Just wrote in helpful hints section of forum about the amazing feeling I had after removing excess stuff from my desk. It was an amazing uplifting and energizing feeling. I am glad I made myself clear it out and organize.
Twenty Seven Things
- Every month, I get rid of at least twenty seven items. Whether I donate it, Toss it out, Or give it to a friend that may have admired it. It must go! This forces me to look closely at what I'm holding on to, and what it is telling me (And No, More than 27 things DOES NOT count to the next month!) When I get to the month when I cant find twenty seven things (I can dream!) Then I will go with "One thing in, One thing out." rule. Sure I can take it home. What am I ready to let go of to make room for it? I'm still shocking myself with what I THOUGHT I had to hold on to! This month I'm clearing the rod of my closet. =)
- —Guest Lil
Short Lived Clutter Clearing
- I really enjoy the articles and videos on clearing clutter; so much that I am motivated to try again. I too experience some light and good feeling as if I am progressing toward getting things under control but then when other activities consume my time it seems everything gets cluttered again. I am researching good organizing techniques but it is important to have cooperation from family members. Most of the time when I explain that Feng Shui is important its like they don't understand what I am trying to tell them. Simple things like throw away your trash and pick up the dirty clothes.
Clutter Clearing Concept
- Without going into many details, the bottom line is my life projects, craft projects, books, papers, doings, and readings...and some crap. So last night I was sitting here looking at it and feng shui popped into my head and I wondered who might have some ideas. So I read about mirrors cause I like them and have a number of them. I moved one. Moved a painting. Moved the chair and created a path of energy. Wow! It suddenly became clear that it works, and the clutter is not about my state of mind, though it has surely reflected the stuck energy I kept griping about and feeling awful. That's gone. Can't wait to do the rest.
- —Guest Gar